29 January 2010

umm, ok... I hope you guys like chocolate

Today I made a stop at the bakery supply store to stock up on the chocolate chips I use for nearly every chocolate recipe I make. Callebaut Dark Chocolate Callets are silky smooth when they melt, have a wonderful taste of real dark chocolate with a beautiful, almost floral hint of real bourbon vanilla. mmmmmm... delicious!


I arrived, however, to find that they have changed the packaging of their smaller quantity bags of chips. I used to pick up a couple of 1 kg bags every couple of months, enough to have on hand for brownies, chocolate chip cookies, a jar or two of ganache... your basic chocolate emergencies. Now the chips of choice were packaged in small 1 lb bags, meaning a lot more unnecessary packaging and hassle. So instead, I bought the next size up... which would be the 10 kg bag.

Yep, I am now the proud owner of a whopping 22 lbs of dark chocolate morsels. So I hope you guys are fans of chocolate, because I don't have enough glass jars in my house to store them all. Darn, I guess we'll just have to eat them then....


No comments: